What We Do
Dedication. Compassion. Innovation
Living with a hearing loss means going through life with a wall between you and your loved ones. Untreated hearing loss can be difficult for you and everyone around you. But getting the help you need doesn’t have to be difficult.
A hearing test provides an evaluation of the sensitivity of a person’s sense of hearing. An evaluation of your hearing may include listening to pure tone beeping sounds and or a series of words.
Our patients are our first and most important priority. That’s why we make sure that we provide you with the best and most comprehensive care for your hearing needs. As part of our Academy’s Best Practice recommendations, we offer the following services in order to provdie you with the best results possibe and maximize your satisfaction:
Real Ear Measurement is the measurement of sound pressure level in a patient’s ear canal developed when a hearing aid
is worn. It is measured with the use of a small probe tube inserted into the canal connected to a microphone outside the ear and is done to verify that the hearing aid is providing suitable amplification for a patient’s hearing loss.
- Consistent and dependable care by a licensed and over 28-year-experienced Audiologist, Board Certified by the American Academy of Audiology and the American Speech and Hearing Association.
- Comprehensive hearing evaluations including Speech-in-Noise Testing
- Patient focused needs assessments to determine the most appropriate treatment plan for each person’s specific and individual hearing goals
- Development of patient specific treatment plans based on individual hearing levels, hearing needs, lifestyles and budgets to include assistive devices when appropriate
- Scientific Verification including REM (Real Ear Measures*) and Sound Field Speech testing to verifiy the appropriate hearing prescriptions are reached, thereby maximizing audible speech
- Subjective validation of outcomes including patient satisfaction questionnaires to determine if the desired goals have been met
- Exceptional follow-up services and care for maintenance of the new hearing aids and accessories to ensure proper function
and consistent results.
*REM is a scientific and objective evidence based way to fit hearing aids. It measures the response of the hearing aids inside of the ear canal to make sure that the appropriate prescriptive targets are reached. This provides optimum benefit from the hearing aids. The American Academy of Audiology recommends the use of REM as best practice measures and appropriate patient care.
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and the American Academy of Audiology (AAA) recommend real ear measures as the preferred method of verifying the performance of hearing aids. Used by Audiologists in the process of hearing aid fitting,real ear measures are the most reliable and efficient method for assessing the benefit provided by the amplification. Measurement of the sound level in the ear canal allos the clinician to make informed judgments on audibility of sound in the ear and the effectiveness of the hearing aid treatment.
Definition taken from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Assistive Listening Devices
The terms assistive listening device or assistive listening technology can refer to any device that helps a person with hearing
Hearing Aid Repairs
Repairs may be needed from time to time in order to keep your hearing aids working smoothly. Most repairs are quick, easy and simple to diagnose and fix.
Custom Hearing Protection & Earmolds
A custom fit provides increased comfort and improved protection. We offer specialized earmolds for hunters, workers, musicians, and swimmers.
“I just purchased my second set of hearing aids and I couldn’t be happier. the choice of modes makes wearing them a pleasure. I can now ask my wife to turn down the TV.”